High Quality Confidential Services, Absolutely Free!
It’s fast and accurate – and if it’s positive a woman has a wealth of information available right here as she starts to process the news and its impact on her life. For hundreds of women each year, a pregnancy test at the LPC answers the question that can change her life forever: “Am I pregnant?”
What type and how accurate is the test used?
It is a urine test and is 99% accurate.
How soon can I have a test?
The test can show positive 10 days past conception.
Will you tell anyone I came to the Laurel Pregnancy Center or the results of my pregnancy test?
All client information is kept confidential within this organization, except where there is threat of physical harm (i.e. homicide, suicide, child abuse, or child neglect), which the law requires us to report.
If you are considering abortion, it is important to make sure your pregnancy is viable. A viable pregnancy means one that is capable of developing under normal conditions. Approximately 25% of all pregnancies result in miscarriage. An abortion performed when a pregnancy is not viable can result in unnecessary physical and emotional trauma and unnecessary expense. We offer free, state-of-the-art sonograms as early as 7 weeks in pregnancy to determine viability if you are considering abortion.
So many circumstances can complicate the prospect of pregnancy: relationship struggles, financial strain, difficult timing. Our advocates have a wealth of training and experience and can give each woman the time she needs to discuss her individual situation, explore all her options, and work through the challenges the pregnancy creates for her.
Our popular life skills program educates, equips, and encourages both parents and those soon to be parenting to be successful in the following areas of life. Ongoing classes are led by community professionals instructing participants in a 17 week program in the following categories: Pregnancy Basics, Baby Basics and Family Basics. Classes are ongoing. Contact Cheryl at cdudek(at)laurelpregnancycenter.org or at 301-776-9996. Learn More>>
After-Abortion Care and Education
Nearly everyone agrees that the choice to end a pregnancy is an enormously difficult one to make, yet few community resources exist to address the emotional turmoil women may experience afterward. Our after-abortion counseling provides a confidential way for women to work through their feelings and find healing, individually or as part of a small group. E-Mail Cheryl at cdudek(at)laurelpregnancycenter.org. Learn More>>
Sexual Integrity and Healthy Relationship Education
In our mission to prevent unplanned pregnancies, emotional heartbreak, and the spread of STDs often associated with premarital sex, the LPC offers abstinence counseling to individual clients and presentations in group settings. We provide the facts about STDs and the benefits of abstinence until marriage. We know that saving sex for marriage fosters healthy relationships and bright futures.
Side by Side Mentoring Program
Our mentoring program is designed specifically to equip young moms and dads-to-be for their roles as new parents. Each participant is paired with an advocate who meets with him or her weekly for 10 weeks. The confidential mentor relationship nurtures an environment where moms and dads grow in self-understanding, share their hopes and fears, and explore the choices they’ll face as parents. And upon successful completion of the program, each parent receives a special gift!
Community Resource Referrals
If we are unable to provide the services a woman needs, we will direct her to someone who can. Our referral database can help women make the connections they need. Please note, however, we do not refer for abortions.
Our Commitment to Care
The Laurel Pregnancy Center is a pregnancy help medical clinic. A medical professional is available during clinic hours to answer pregnancy-related questions.
- Clients are served without regard to age, race, income, nationality, religious affiliation, disability or other arbitrary circumstances.
- Clients are treated with kindness, compassion and in a caring manner.
- Clients always receive honest and open answers.
- Client pregnancy tests are administered in accordance with all applicable laws.
- Client information is held in strict and absolute confidence. Client information is only disclosed as required by law and when necessary to protect the client or others against imminent harm.
- Clients receive accurate information about pregnancy, fetal development, lifestyle issues, and related concerns.
- We do not offer, recommend or refer for abortions or abortifacients, but we are committed to offering accurate information about abortion procedures and risks.
- All of our advertising and communications are truthful and honest and accurately describe the services we offer.
- All of our staff and volunteers receive proper training to uphold these standards.